The surgical specialty that mainly concentrates on the diseases of the female and male urinary tracts along with male reproductive organs is known as urology. An urologist is required to study gynecology, pediatrics, internal medicine and other specialties as there could be many clinical problems associated. The urinary tract in women opens in vulva while the urinary system in men overlaps with the reproductive system.

Urologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the urinary system in both men and women. They treat issues that may appear in your kidneys, bladder, adrenal glands, ureters and urethra. The urinary tract and reproductive systems are intertwined in men, so urologists treat disorders in both. Should cancer be detected in or around the urinary tract (e.g., prostate, testicular, kidney or bladder cancer), a urologist often is consulted.

Urologists treat conditions including:

  • Problems with urination and incontinence
  • Pain or discomfort
  • Bladder or kidney cancer
  • Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
  • Infertility
  • Urinary tract infection
  • Tumors or stones in the urinary system

Book an Appointment

  • Please Attach Your Reports (Optional) :